Friday, June 14, 2019

HOLY TRINITY AND FATHER'S DAY

HOLY TRINITY AND FATHER’S DAY 

Good evening/morning everyone. Two weeks ago, at the priests' retreat, the bishop from Victoria Bc said, “I don’t know why people don’t smile in Church. As I give communion out, I smile, and they don’t”. And I said, “Bishop, I know why people don’t smile in church. They are afraid to smile in church thinking if they smile, the priests would ask them for more money”.  
Then I said, “Bishop, I am from India and I met with Mother Teresa twice and I didn’t like her that much” He asked why, and I said, “It’s because wherever she went, she made a good collection”. And he said, “You are too much”. And I said, “I love you too, bishop” 
Today the holy Catholic Church celebrates the solemn feast of Holy Trinity Sunday. God is one and we believe in Triune God. The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. There are not three but one God who is the creator and redeemer and the sanctifier 
Once a bishop asked the students at a confirmation saying, “What is holy trinity”. Once little boy answered saying, “Father is god, son is god and the Holy Spirit is god. But not three Gods but only one God”. The bishop who was hard of hearing said, “I don’t' understand”. The boy who was so smart said, “Bishop, you suppose not to because it is a mystery”. Yes, it’s a mystery. As we deepen our faith in God, the mystery will slowly be revealed to us. Faith is believing in things without seeing and our faith will bless us to know the glimpse of that mystery. 
Today we also celebrate Father’s Day. So, let us ask God the Father to bless all our parish Fathers who dedicate and sacrifice their lives for their family. 
Once a dad noticed his son trying to move a heave rock from one place to another and said, “Son, are you using all your strength?” 
The son who was so exhausted said, “Yes, dad, of course, I am using all my strength”. Then the dad said, “No, son, you are not. You haven’t asked my help yet”.  



That is a nature of a dad. He wants everything goes well with his children. I remember what happened was, once my dad sent me to a liquor store to pick up some drinks for his friends and as I was coming out of the liquor store, my grade 11, physics teacher saw me. From that time onwards, everything changed. He never ever asked any question in the class at all. He ignored me for three weeks and I knew exactly why he was doing it. So, I told my dad saying, “It is not going to be good anymore and just move me to another school since there are more ten high school in the city. He asked me to wait for a week and I knew he could do it because he himself was involved with education field. Then a week later, he took me to the same school and then to the same class and said, “Now get in” then I realized that he did not move me, but he moved the teacher to a different school”.  That brought enormous responsibility on me. As he proved his love and concern, I ended up proving myself. 
Every time I think about my dad, I always remember that story about a group of children going to see the Indian Ocean first time and as they came back to school, they told everyone that no one could cross the ocean swimming and one little boy who never saw the ocean said, “My dad can do anything and he can cross the ocean swimming”. 
If a mere conditioned human father does this much for his children, imaging how much more the heavenly Father would do for us. And that is why once Christ our Lord said, “Which of you Father would give a snake when your child asks for a fish and if he asks for bread, will you give him a stone and you who are so limited and conditioned know how to give good things to your children and imagine how much more the heavenly father would give the Holy Spirit for those who ask him”. 
So, let us pray to the heavenly Father to all our earthly fathers who dedicate themselves for their families and children. 
Once I asked my mom, “Mom, how did dad die?” she said, “He died of natural causes”. I laughed and laughed because my mom’s maiden name is natural. So, once as she visited the cemetery, we wrote on the tomb stone, “Mom says rest in peace till I come”. And she laughed and laughed.  
Conclusion: So, as we celebrate the feast of the Holy Trinity, let us ask the Father, son and the Holy Spirit to bless all our Fathers and give them strength and courage to face any challenge and thus continue to be happy. Amen. 

No comments: