Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY


MOTHER'S DAY


Today as we celebrate mother's day, let us thank God for our mothers who sacrificed so much
for our welfare and growth. And let us thank God for every woman who promotes justice and
love of God by her very presence.

Once a little boy forgot his lines in the school drama in which he was participating. His mother who was sitting in the front row helped him whispering, "say, I am the light of the world"The boy was so happy because he got the line and said proudly, "my mother is the light of the
world".Mothers radiates divine peace and serenity in the world. They sacrifice their happiness and joy for their family and children. And that is why God's love is compared to that of a mother. There is a beautiful biblical story about the wisdom of Solomon in which we come to know the
true love of a mother.

Once king Solomon was asked to give a verdict on a case in which two women claimed for one child. They both said that the child belonged to them. Then Solomon said, "Bring me a sword.
Cut the living child in two, and give half to one and half to the other."
The woman who claimed that her son was stolen from her said, "Please, my lord, give her the
living child and do not kill it."
But the other woman said, "please cut the child into two!"
The king spoke up and said, "Give the first woman the living child and do not kill it; for she is
his mother." Motherhood is spiritual in nature and it can only be identified with sacrifice and
love. we say faith begins at home. yes, faith begins at home because of mothers. when a mother
has a strong faith, her children's faith will be stronger.


Once a Sunday school teacher looked at one of the boys let us say, Joe and asked, "Joe, tell me
do you really pray before meals at home?"And Joe said, "No.. sir"Then the teacher asked, "Why don't you pray?"Joe said, "Because, my mother is a good cook".Mothers know what their children need. when a mother looks after her child, she looks after the
future of a society.

Once former president George Bush said, "I don't like broccoli and I never liked it and my mother made me eat it. Now I am a president and I am not going to eat any more broccoli.Mothers are always there in our good times and bad and in our sickness and in health. One of the ten commandments is, "honour your father and mother". Jesus by honoring His
parents grew in wisdom and knowledge.

Once a mother who had three sons received presence from them for mother's day. The first son beautiful big house for her. The second one got a nice BMW car and the third one a parrot who
could recite the whole bible. Then she sent a thank you note to each of them. she said to the first
one, "Son, since I am getting old, I don't need a big house and I can't accept your gift" To the
second one, she wrote, "Son, I am not driving anymore and I can't accept your gift. Then she
wrote to the third one, "Son, you are the best. And thank you very much for your precious gift
and by the way, the bird was so delicious".Conclusion: As we are preparing ourselves to celebrate the Ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ into heaven, let us thank God for our mothers and ask Him to descend His blessings on them. Amen.

No comments: