Thursday, January 14, 2010

Water into wine


Water into Wine

Where there is faith, there happens miracles and wonders. Where there are you and me who believe in the love and kindness of God, there we meet Jesus the miracle man.

Once a woman came to a priest and said, “father, my husband won ten million dollars in lottery but I am afraid to let him know because of his heart condition, please help me”. The priest said, “It is not a big deal, I can talk to him” then the priest looked at the man and said, “Joe, I have a question for you. If you will, let us say, or you won ten million dollars, what will you do?” the man thought for a while and said, “Father, if any miracle happens like this winning ten million dollars, I will donate five million dollars to the Church”. Imagine what happened, “the priest took a heart attack and died”.

In today’s gospel, we come to know the first miracle of Jesus that happened in Cana of Galilee. He does miracles and wonders for people who were longing for happiness and joy, who longed for a new beginning and meaning in their lives.

Miracle happens for those who have faith in Jesus. Every time, people came to him seeking healing and miracles, all Jesus asked them was, “Do you believe?” and then he said, “according to your faith, it will be done for you and go in peace”.

Once a man confessed his spiritual journey and said, “When my wife got cancer, I tried all my best to heal her with different medical treatments and we prayed to God night and day but nothing happened and my wife who battled with cancer for five years died and I stopped believing in God and miracles. Because no miracle happened and then one day, I met with a spiritual master and shared my story and he looked at me and then asked my wife’s death, I said, “on the day, she died I was with her. She looked so calm and peaceful and she said, “Thank you Joe for travelling with me and I am happy to go now”. Then the spiritual master looked at me and said, “Joe, you said that you don’t believe in miracles but you yourself became a miracle for your wife. You helped her to pass from this life to the next peacefully. You helped her to experience happiness and joy before her death”.

Yes, miracles are happening each and every day but we struggle to recognize them. We expect for miracles not realizing that we ourselves are miracles of God.

When Jesus touched the water, it changed into wine. And we are all in a special way touched by the love and kindness of God our father through Jesus the Lord. And we are his miracles who can make a different in people’s lives. Yes, today people are looking for love and forgiveness. They are looking for miracles and wonders. And let us be their miracles and let them know that God loves them all without condition. Amen.

No comments: