Wednesday, December 19, 2018

4th Sunday-B

4th Sunday in Advent. 
Good evening/morning everyone. Last week, I called my sister-in-law and as I was talking to her said, “How come your voice is different?” she is, “Because I have cold”. “So, has our Mother”, I said. Then she said, “I got it first”. Then I told my brother, “you know what you used to beat me up and take my lunch money and calling wackadoodle and now you got between two women and that is called ‘Karma’. 
Once a wife said to her husband, “you won’t believe what kind of dream I had last night. In my dream, you are giving me a beautiful very expensive diamond necklace for Christmas and I don’t know what, it means”. The husband simply said, ‘Wait and see”. The second day also she repeated the same story. The husband again said, ‘Wait and see’. On Christmas day as she came down to the kitchen, she saw a beautiful gift from her husband waiting for her. She was all happy thinking, “Wow...that’s my diamond necklace” Then she opened the gift where she was a book titled, “How to interpret dream”. 
Once a Canadian spiritual man said, “In 1950s, kids lost their innocence. They were liberated by their well-paying jobs, Cars and new music and so on and there came a new term called, ‘Generation gap’. 
In 1960s, kids lost their authority, it was a decade of protest. Yes, they protested against, Church, government and parents. They completely rejected authorities and yet there was nothing to replace what they had rejected. Unfortunately, a complete vacuum was created but nothing could fill that emptiness. 
In 1970s, kids lost the meaning of love and it was a decade of MiismIt's all about self-image, self-love, self-help and self-growth and so on. Since everything about self and me, me, they forgot about true love. 


1n 1980s, kids lost their hope, they were stripped of their innocence, authority and love. They were more confused than ever. Nothing gave them meaning and hope. Thus, they began to experience more pain and suffering, more depression and anxieties. They stopped believing in future. 
In 1990s, kids were lost in cyber space. Objects became subjects and subjects became meaningless. And thus, we live in a world of confusion, chaos, rejection and loss and yet, 
There is hope, there is faith and there is love for those who put their trust in the Lord. 
Yes, the forth Sunday of Advent brings us all, more hope, more faith and more love.  
It’s about Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Joseph is in the background hidden. A just man always does his job with sincerity of his heart.  
Then comes our Blessed Virgin Lady, the most pure and holy. In theology, we had one of the courses called ‘Mariology’, the science or study of blessed Mary. A nun taught Mariology and she was a very tough and would never give us A Plus. And on the day of oral exam, as I went in, I said, “Good morning Mother”. She said, “Why do you call me Mother? I am a sister. Please don’t say anything, your wisdom and knowledge are so vast, and I want to call you Mother. Then I looked at her and said as I was holding a rosary in my hand, I am very mad today. Why, tell me more. It’s because how come church can survive without a Mother. Blessed Lady is the glue that binds everything together. We go to Jesus through Mary and I went on and on. She gave me A plus and after that she singed on the paper and then I signed agreeing. Then as I was leaving, I looked at her and said, “Bye sister”. She said, ‘Why are you calling me, sister now?’ I like you but don’t be an idiot 


There are two important qualities that we find in our blessed Lady. She is a community leader and a leader of humanity. 
After the Holy Spirit descended upon her, she became more active and more vibrant. She immediately got up and went to the hill country of Judea where she met with Elizabeth. That is called the power of leadership. A leader is the one who takes first step to change the situation and give more room to improvement and change. She took first step to bring peace and harmony. She never hesitated to share what she experienced and enjoyed. That kind of leadership we need today. Not holding on to something but share with others and let others move forward. 
Our blessed lady is a powerful leader of humanity. She never hesitated to great things in the presence of God. Once she accepted the will of God, she stood strong and powerful. She helped her beloved Son Jesus grow in wisdom and knowledge. He is her protect in so many ways. Even after the resurrection and ascension of Christ, she played a Prominet role to protect and lead what her son left behind. It’s not about men or women, it’s about the stamina, good will and personality and character design a person to become a leader to their community or humanity. 
Today our Catholic church needs more leaders who can lead the people and bring more peace and prosperity to all. So, let us move the church forward. Today we have the means to live but do you have meaning to live for? Only Jesus whose glorious birth we are going to celebrate soon, can give meaning to live for. Let us hold on to him and live life to the fullest. Amen. 



No comments: