Wednesday, August 31, 2016

23rd Sunday in year C

Once genie appeared a man and said, "Ask for two wishes and I will give them". The man was so excited and said, "I want to have a million dollars and then he said, "I would love to have a perfect woman in the world". So gues what... he ended up having million dollars and Mother Teresa next to him.
The famous Mother Teresa joke is as she went to heaven, she could right away see god. God asked her whether she was  hungry. When she said Yes. god opens a can of tuna fish and makes sandwitches. And while eating she could see people in hell eating cooked gourmet food. Mother teresa was seeing for days, people in hell eating well. So she asked God saying, "God, please don't think that I am complaining but I am curious how come people down there eating well and here we are eating just tuna sandwitches. God said, "Why cook... we are just two of us here".
Tomorrow it takes place the canonization of Blessed Mother Teresa. Yes, the Holy Catholic Church will honor her as a saint. Mother Teresa who was born in Albenia went to India and there she dedicated herself to help the poor and the needy. She left behind everything for Christ.
Once she went and asked help from a rich man. The rich hindu man was not happy to see a catholic nun asking for help. So he said no to help her and then he spat on her hand. Mother Teresa smiled at him and said, "This is for me and now please give me something for the poor". The man was so ashamed of himself and later he became one of her benefators.
Today's gospel invites us to follow Christ our Lord. In order to follow Him, we have to hate rather leave behind or separate ourselves from worldly possessions namely materil things and worldly relationships and put God first in everything that we do as Mother Teresa did. She left everything behind for Christ and once when Pope Paul the sixth visited India, he wanted to meet Mother Teresa. But Mother Teresa said, "I am so busy helping the poor and please ask him to wait.... the pope was so impressed her work and said, "you are Christ's face to the world today".
Today's gospel says those who do not give their possessions can not become Christ's disciples.
Those who are closer to Christ; those who pray daily, read the Bible and practice their faith know that they are not human beings looking for worldly possessions but spiritual beings having human expereince and then it becomes easy for them to leave behind worldly things. They will not go after worldy things but on the other hand, they will come to them. They will use their gifts, knowledge, wisdon and understanding for the welfare of others and promote love and kindness of God in Christ Jesus.
Once Mother Teresa was asked about where she gets the strength and energy to do great things for the poor. She said, "I spend every day an hour before the blessed Sacrament and there I get my strength and ther I get my energy".
Mother Teresa said, "If you can not feed hundred people, just feed one".
Once Mother Teresa was talking in a Cathedral church in Ireland. And that night, a man called the parish priest and said, "I want to become a parishioner of the cathedral'. The priest asked why. The man said, "it is becasue Mother teresa talked to me". What do you mean she talked to you. there were five thousand people in the Church and When did she talk to you. Every word she said was ment to me. What did she say, "she said, "God bless you all". The priest was not happy at all and said, "Every sunday and even every day when I say Mass, I say God bless you. Then the man said, "She said, "God bless you" from the bottom of her heart. Mother Teresa changed the hearts of millions and today the catholic church canonizes her as a saint. So we can ask her to intercede for our needs with God.
Conclusion: The three most dangerous words in english language today is "Just in Case'. yes, there are so many people love to accumulate things saying just in case. just in case I need them. just in case I use them later and just in case....If we remove these three dangerous words from our dictionary, then we will easily hold on to Christ who is the way to the Father.
Once a poor begger gave fifty cents to Mother Teresa and said, "So many rich people give you money and I want to give you what I got today for the poor and then Mother Teresa said, " this poor begger gave me more than my nobel prize becasue he gave everything that he had".
I am so lucky to meet Mother Teresa in Rome Italy. And after meeting her, one thing that I can say that there is a mother Teresa in everyone of us and let us leave behind things that stop us from loving God and others and hold on to Christ the richest gifts of all, the richest relationships of all. Amen.

I was so lucky to meet Mother Teresa in Rome Italy and she was

No comments: