Wednesday, October 8, 2014

21A

Once a man approached a spiritual master and said, “I want to love God more and more and please show me the way to love God”.
The spiritual Master looked at him and said, “Have you loved anybody before?’
The man replied, “I have been very busy looking for God. So I kept away from love”.
The spiritual master said, “Do you remember loving your parents, your friends or your wife or even an animal?’
The man said, ‘The man got mad and said, “why do you ask me such an unrelated questions. All I want is to love God”. Then the master said, “Son, for you it is very difficult to love God. To love God, you should have love for God’s creatures”.
Those who tasted the unconditional love of God knew that God’s love could be experienced by loving others.
When Mother Teresa went to Australia, a Franciscan monk was asked to assist her and the monk was so excited thinking that he might have good opportunity to be with her and talk to her but she was so busy having many appointments with other people and the monk, though was with her, never had a chance to talk to her. Then as she was leaving for New Guinea, at the airport the monk looked at her and said, “If I pay the ticket to come with you to New Guinea, will I have a chance to talk to you and learn about you?’ Then mother Teresa looked at him and said, “you have that much money to pay your own way. if you give that money to the poor, you will learn more about god’s love than anything I can tell you”.
As we learn to love others, we begin to enter through the narrow door that leads us to the kingdom of God. Love. Those who say, ‘I love God and I dedicate my whole life to God, most of the time forget to know Jesus was sent to show the way to the kingdom of God and thus to take them all to the kingdom of God. He did miracles and wonders first and then He talked about God.
 
 
When the first missionaries came to Alberta, Canada, they were savagely opposed by a young chief of the Cree Indians named Maskepetoon. But he responded to the gospel and accepted Christ. Shortly afterward, a member of the Blackfoot tribe killed his father. Maskepetoon rode into the village where the murderer lived and demanded that he be brought before him. Confronting the guilty man, he said, "You have killed my father, so now you must be my father. You shall ride my best horse and wear my best clothes." In utter amazement and remorse his enemy exclaimed, "My son, now you have killed me!" He meant, of course, that the hate in his own heart had been completely erased by the forgiveness and kindness of the Indian chief.
 
When Narvaez, the Spanish patriot, lay dying, his father-confessor asked him whether he had forgiven all his enemies. Narvaez looked astonished and said, "Father, I have no enemies, I have shot them all."
 
 
 
 

No comments: